Friday, August 15, 2008

SO Scary!!!!

So tonight we had a fun filled evening out with friends to a restaurant called Two Urban Licks. The food was really good, decor very simplistic and mod and the company priceless! There were 8 of us and Cooper and I drove with our friends Mark and Sloane Frazer riding with us. After 2 1/2 hours of dining we left the restaurant. While driving down freedom parkway, headed under an overpass, out of nowhere a ROCK falls from the sky in front of us and hits the front of our car! The rock was the size of a volleyball, no lie! It hit the front right, bounced off, hit the ground and hit the car again! It was SO scary! I know that things could have been worse ... 1 second sooner and it would have hit me through the windshield! More than anything it is so disappointing there are people out there that are doing that for the thrill of it! I just have such faith in people when it comes down to it. After all was said and done we can get our car fixed and no one was hurt...but the life of whoever did that seems to be headed in the wrong direction. Cooper and I said we really must pray for them that God will reveal himself in their lives somehow, somewhere. I will commit to pray and thank the Lord for His provision and protection over our lives tonight. Great is THY faithfulness!

2 comments:

Beth Goff said...

WOW!!! I am SO glad you are okay! I cannot believe someone would do that... it's amazing to me! What a blessing your family is okay!

The Kelleys said...

unbelieveble, lindy! so glad ya'll are ok. it's little stuff like that can really end up hurting people. will take your lead and pray for that person right now.