Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Grace and Mercy

I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted... with juggling my new working role along with all my other responsibilities I have not done very well at blogging! Summer is over for me... I am ready for school to start back and for routine to get back in our lives! Bella and Andrew will go to Marietta First Baptist Church preschool program which is awesome! I have found out both of their teachers are awesome and they both have some friends in their class. I really wonder what Andrew will be like???? Lord, bless that teacher! haha

We have been struggling a bit with Bella over some fear and anxiety problems. Not really sure where this has come from but it has come OUT OF THE BLUE! Mainly, not wanting "mommy" out of her sight when we are home, and having a hard time going to bed b/c she wonders where we are in the house. So here I sit, on the couch, waiting for her to fall asleep. It has been an hour since I put her to bed! This truly has baffled Cooper and me and has brought us to our knees in prayer. There is nothing worse than your child having fear and anxiety daily! We pray over her, with her, talk to her about what is going on in her head, etc. Nothing is really clicking. We are chalking this up as a phase and I am praying a short lived one! One thing someone said struck me though as we have been seeking counsel about this.

We keep telling Bella, "God is with you...mommy and daddy are not going anywhere... we are on the couch... we will not get locked out of the house...don't worry... we will not let anything happen to you...trust us Bella... "
and it hit me!!! this is God speaking to ME!!! "Trust me... I will take care of you no matter what!" He disciplines with such grace and mercy and yet I am the farthest thing from grace and mercy. So, the Lord continues to smooth out ALL my rough edges:the purpose of parenting, and continues to show me how to love on my baby as He loves on me... with grace and mercy. Thank you Jesus.

3 comments:

lauren said...

you are an awesome mom!! we'll be praying for bella...things like that are so hard. sounds like you and cooper are doing a great job helping her :)

AtlantaMama said...

awe. you are great parents and I know that God is already at work. I have a good friend who just went thru this w/ her daughter (she's 5) and they prayed thru that healing of fear. that 's huge. her blog is: http://outofdeepwaters.blogspot.com/

Valarie said...

It's amazing how God speaks to us. He's so faithful to take care of us. I will be praying that He will speak to you & Cooper specifically on how to help Bella be free from her fears.