Monday, August 18, 2008

Discernment-edited

Most know my true intentions and my love and desire for the Lord to be ALIVE and the leader of my life. I truly believe and desire to live "Thy will be done". This past Sunday Dr. Youssef, at Church of the Apostles, spoke on the book "The Shack". He made so many wonderful points that I wholeheartedly agreed with. I guess that I am not surprised but am saddened by the lack of my depth into the book. I truly look at this book as fiction and as an example reiterating that Jesus desires to be in a "relationship" with me. I never thought of all the theological debates that would come along with this book! Back when I posted my original blog about the book and I had just gone to hear the author... it was a very powerful night at 722! All this to say I know everyone has different opinions, but as a blogger I wanted to make the blanket statement that Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life and HE is the only way to our Father... May discernment always be on my mind. Please watch and make an opinion for yourself... http://www.apostles.org/

4 comments:

greenkiddo said...

Lindy you are the sweetest and I know you posted with the purest of intentions. I truly believe this is exactly the reason Dr. Youssef was so concerned is that there is just enough truth in the the book to cause confusion among believers.I still have yet to download the 7:22 interview, but want to hear both sides before I make a call either way. I have a feeling had I read the book prior to Michael's talk I would have felt the same as you, as I tend to take things at the surface level often. This brings us back to your previous post about Grace and Mercy I suppose!

Stephanie said...

i still haven't read this book, but don't feel just b/c you suggested it to others is is a negative thing. we all have to read, learn and do on our own and we make our own choices. you may have suggested it to someone and they took away positive, life changing, meeting our Lord blessings from it. literature, music and such can reach people in the strangest of places... your heart for others is so wonderful and what makes me love you so much!!!

tillisfam5 said...

Girl, don't feel badly! I read it after you suggested and thought the same thing, just that it reiterated that God wants us to be in a personal relationship with Him. I hadn't thought of all the theological debates either since it was a fictional book. However, after watching Dr. Youssef I see his points as well. Jesus is the only way and your intentions are always clear in that manner. You are a wonderful example of a heart on fire for Him! Love you!

Beth Goff said...

I watched the sermon and I have not read the book yet. I still plan on reading the book. Thanks for posting this. You are so sweet! I do pray that the Lord will give discernment to us all! Thanks for posting this.