Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Love of Change

I have a new addiction... Facebook! Oh my goodness. I guess everyone is using that instead of email now??? Well, I have had more than enough time this week to do laundry, surf the web, clean, reorganize and clean some more... my kids have been home with strep.
One thing that I know about me for sure is that I LOVE change. I am not a homebody and I love to be busy. Change of scenery, change of meals, change of clothes, etc. I rearrange furniture more than anyone I know! haha Cooper is sweet and complies and I really do appreciate that about him. We are hoping to place our house on the market this summer and move to where God leads us. We would love a little more space and I would love to be in the city limits of Marietta. Bella only has one more year until kindergarten so that will play a big role in finding a house.
I have started a few new habits lately: walking 30 minutes a day, eating better (for bathing suit season-yikes!), and spending more time LISTENING to God. Consistency is something that I really do struggle with in balancing my love of change. I pulled out an oldie but goodie this past weekend... "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers and read on April 17th:

"If you have heard Jesus Christ's voice on the waves of the sea, you can let your convictions and your consistency take care of themselves by concentrating on maintaining your intimate relationship with Him."

That is so encouraging to me! So I am concentrating on my RELATIONSHIP with the Lord and not on everything I am not...Thank you Lord for that word... Hope today finds you all well and STREP free-concentrating on your intimate relationship with the Lord. He is waiting for us! :)

1 comment:

clay kirkland said...

hey lindy! Yall's kids are gorgeous! I enjoyed your comments - isnt life great to where you can blog in one breath about facebook and Jesus? Good times....