Saturday, December 6, 2008

Stepping Stone

It been been a much better week this past week...I think.:) Bella is still sick but hopefully on the mend! She did not make it to school at all this past week. We headed back to the dr yesterday (3rd time in 2 weeks) and she is wheezing, so on the oral steriod we go! Hopefully this is the last of it and I a praying for my little guy not to get all of this... :)

I am involved in a Bible study right now called "Truth". It is awesome and put out by Focus on the Family. It has been truly AMAZING!!!! I have been overwhelmed by the truths that God is revealing to me and all the lies in the world I am exposed to daily. This past week was about Gods whole picture and story. If we only looked at our history truly as Biblical history we would see that we are a part of a greater story. It is not all about us but about HIS story and planned fulfilled through us. The truth is our purpose on this earth is to glorify God (Duet. 8:10-20), to take every thought captive to Him (2 Cor. 10:5), and to acknowledge that God is sovereign and in control (Acts 4:27-28) no matter our circumstance or ability to believe... The video said and reminded us that our problem is that we remember what we should forget- we must remember Gods unfailing love and faithfulness towards us in spite of who we are!!! What an incredible blessing this is to me!!!!

So all this to say I will will never be a stepping stone used by God unless I am caught up in the whole story... it is not about me!!! :) I hope this encourages you as much as it has me this week...

No comments: