Saturday, October 25, 2008

Meditations of my heart...

It is truly refreshing to believe and know that God is the only way... nothing else matters. It takes the pressure off of all the "things" and standards we set before ourselves. Being a parent has had me on my knees more than I have ever been in my life. These are the meditations of my heart... may you cling to the Truth as I am seeking daily to do.
Isaiah 41:10- So do not fear , for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Psalm 37:1-5 - vs 3 Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture
Ps 56:11-In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Matthew 6:33-34-Jesus had compassion on the people and saw they were like sheep without a shepherd and He began teaching them.
John 14:27-Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Don not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 15:4 Remain in me and I will remain in you.
John 15:10-11-Your joy will be complete in Him.
John 16:33-I have told you these things so you have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart I have overcome the world.
1Corinthians 10:13- No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way OUT so that you can stand up under it.
10: 31-So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the Glory of God.
Romans 8:28-And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Phil 4:6-9-Do not be anxious about anything , but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends ALL understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 3:13-16-Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened. But in your hearts set apart Jesus as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.
1 John 4:18-There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
Psalm 73:23- Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
Proverbs 19:23 (satisfied sleep)-The fear of the LORD leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

2 comments:

Garrett said...

Thank you for the scripture...going to write some down. needed this. love you, g

greenkiddo said...

thank you for these scriptures. I just copied your whole post and emailed it to Matt. These scriptures are so pertinent in our life right now! Thanks for putting them all at our finger tips so easily.

Steph